Biodiversity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Harie Hadi (22)

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:38 am

I think global warming is a disturbance to the growth of plantation and that it is abundaning the population of plants... Some evidence are like if the weather for a lotus plant to grow like in the temperature of 32 degrees celsius, and if the temperature is too hot or too cold it might affect the amount of temperature it can withstand and the amount of sunlight it can take in! In another evidence is that if an animal species for example a human being can only adapt the temperature in the kind of climate they are living in. If it goes too hot or too cold there is a high chance the person would not be uncomfortable to the weather and either die due to coldness or dehydration as they are not adapted to the temperature! ONE good example i can give is imagine you
a Singaporean living in the Arctic (South & North Pole), do you think that you can adapt to it very fast? I don't think so as it would take more than a hundred which most likely would take about a thousand years or more! If you don't believe me... Try it and prove IT! If you manage to prove me you are right, i would willingly put myself in Galileo Galilei, trying to prove you were wrong...
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

http://1seven-ohhnine.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Warren (39) 1E7

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:13 pm

I agree.
Global warming is now one of the most concerned topic discussed by scientist all over the world. Our weather gets warmer and warmer each day as we burn and waste resources.
With the world's current growing population, the need for essential stuff increases.
Plants, the only thing that renews carbon dioxide to give us fresh air will die or extinct fast if the temperature is not ideal (too hot) or there is not enough water to hydrate them thru' the water loss thru' respiration.
So, without the plants, herbivorous will have nothing to eat! eg, chicken, cow etc and so on...
Then after this carnivorous like humans, eagle and so on will die and extinct as poultry without their plants (food) extinct.
So, the world will end if global warming doesn't end as we race against time before its too late... Razz
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Harie Hadi (22)

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:21 pm

"Climate change is mainly caused by human.Eg,burning of fossil fuels.burning of fossil fuels release large amount of Carbon dioxide.carbon dioxide is one of the factor casing global warmng.carbon dioxide absorbs heat energy from earth,so the amount of heat energy from earth released to the space is reduced.when this continue, the earth temperature would rise and it would affect the biodiversity.this would cause extinction and loss of habitat.Eg,the Ice at antractica would melt and it could cause mass flooding.the flooding of antatctica can flood lands ,detroying habitats of animals and plants,causing them to extinct.
So in my opinion,people should use less things that produce carbon dioxide to prevent disaster from happening" quoted from Zhi Ming's reply.
I do agree with his statement because examples of energy being passed along a food chain is when some of the food is not digested but passes out of ther body as faeces along with the energy stored in the faeces. Secondly during respiration, energy is released for life rocesses & for activities such as moving (e.g running) & breathing. However, some of this is released as heat, which is lost to a surrounding. Take this as an action of a giraffe eating a plant and showing the ways it releases energy. If this continues and officially occurs for a very long time, the earth temeperature would rise as what Zhi Ming said! Other reasons of global warming occuring is due to our own actions. WE simply destroyed the face of the Earth and facing our own consequences! For example, Deforestation (the occuring of cutting down trees & burning of wood to provide land for farms and the building of cities. Secondly, pollution. This is the process of untreated sewage & industrial waste released into rivers & seas, resulting in polluted water which would be harmful as toxic pollutants in water can cause the death of fish and other marine organisms. The polluted water may also carry bacteria and other organisms that cause diseases such as cholera. Oil spills from ships. Many marine animals are klled due to oil spills every year Oil sticks to the feathers of sea birds and the fur of animals such as seals. Plastic waste dumped as rubbish into rivers and seas. Many animals, such as sea turtles, die as a result of swallowing the plastics. A lot of waste is also thrown on land. Piles of rubbish often become breeding grounds for pests such as cocroaces, rats and houseflies. These animals can spread diseases such as food poisoning to people. Mad From this evidences i can say that humans are in the wrong for allowing global warming to occur faster! Sad If no actions are taken fast, we can say goodbye to each other and say hello to the future! As ice blocks in the Antartica would melt, therefore flooding us! Destorying our houses, plantation, valuables, animals and even our love ones and ourselves! So together we can help each other to prevent global warming! By using lesser products, recycling, do not burn fuels unnecessaryly, reducing the use of supplies used & finally reusing the amount of water and other stuff like waste water to be filtered and made into NEWater... Hopes everyone seeing this message to send this message as a warning of the ending of the world! We might still see plants, people enjoying at the sandy beaches but we might not predict what will happen tomorrow... We might not even see ourself, plants gone/destroyed and our homes like tons of rubbish lying around in the world and no one there... Crying or Very sad Sad.
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty ivy sim(4)

Post  unitysec09_18 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:48 pm

i think that global warming has been reducing the growth of plants and animals.As for plants, greenhouse gases will be wasted due to global warming.And as the number of plants decreases,herbivores will also decrease as they only eat plants.Animals will have to suffer and if the herbivores die out,omnivores and carnivores will extinct.I suggest that we humans should reduce the rate of global warming by switching off the lights or electrical appliances if not in use. If possible all of us will have to bring our own recycling bags everyday.Students studying should use used paper to use as rough paper and not use new papers as one paper needs about 17 trees to make one paper.I also think that we can reduce the rate of global warming by not polluting the environment like not littering the surrounding and not disposing litter into the sea as it might kill marine animals as a result if this continues,more animals will die.that is all i want to say! lol!

unitysec09_18

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Tan Xin Yi(16)

Post  unitysec Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:50 pm

Yes,I agree that global warming is a very serious case.This is because if we just continue to harm the earth and let global warming continue,it will lead to three very serious problems,which is rising in sea levels,shortage of land and food and animals extinct.As temperature rises,more and more ice caps from all over the world are melting faster than they should,which results in the rising in sea level.This will lead to flooding in most places and there will soon be no place for us to live and farm/produce food.When we can't produce food or when the plants are dead because of the flooding,who would produce food for us?By the way,if the plants are dead,who would take in carbon dioxide and give out oxygen for us?By then we would all die.And when global warming worsen,animals like the polar bears and penguins will not be able to take the heat and eventually die and become extinct.As this situation is already going on now,ALL HUMANS SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THIS NOW AND START TO DO SOMETHING TO SAVE THE EARTH IF YOU DON'T WANT YOURSELF OR YOUR FUTURE CHILDREN TO DIE NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!

unitysec

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty clara toh (2) 1/7

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:00 pm

i think it is very serious as it would cause heat rise, water evaporate faster, ice at north and south pole melts faster, water level rises, floods will be created, overflooding will cause plants to die, when plants die, herbivores will have lesser food, herbivores will die from hunger and from they predators, when herbivores dies, carnivores won't have any food. thus, the whole world will be facing extinction.
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Re: Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species

Post  Wei Kang Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:02 pm

i think that if plants do not adapt or evolve according to the weather patterns, they will undouptly be extinct.If we have no plants we have no oxygen or food. without food our species of homo-sapiens or almost any other omnivoure, or herbivoure will perish and disappear off the face of the earth.without the food producer there will be no primary consumer, secondary consumer and in this case no more tertiary consumers until all species will be extinct. Evil or Very Mad I also think that the main cause of the extinction which will happen sooner or later is mainly cause by the use of CFC praducts, which will expand the hole in the ozone layer Sad and meltr more ice which will cover up the entire earth

Wei Kang

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Ivan Lee(28)

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:03 pm

I argree that global warming is a very serious case.It causes rise of temperature.Also,because of the rise of temperature,ice caps and glaciers have been melting at a very high speed.
It is due to the hole in the ozone layer that cause ultraviolet rays from the sun and enter the earth.Another cause is the greenhouses.The material is made of glass.It causes the sun rays to concentrate its rays even harder and not escaping the earth.
Also the act of deforestation does not allow the plants from photosynthesizing and eventually,there will be more percentage of carbon dioxide on earth.If this happens,animals will not be able to eat the plants anymore.One example is the panda.People have been cutting bamboo trees until tne pandas are not able to eat the trees and the pandas will die.It will also lead to extinction of a species when there is no food.
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Ivan Lee(28)

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:08 pm

Global warming will also cause constant flooding and rise of sea level.When the ice melts,water is produced and will float into the ocean,thus causing the rise of temperature.Soon, the earth will sink if this happens.
Currently there has been news of flooding around the world.If we don't do anything,THE EARTH WILL BE DESTROYED.Also,the first few to be sunk under the ocean would be pakistan.It is very low above ther sea level.Singapore,too,will sink.But it will be ONLY after 20 years...
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Wei Kang (25)

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:08 pm

i think that if plants do not adapt or evolve according to the weather patterns, they will undouptly be extinct.If we have no plants we have no oxygen or food. without food our species of homo-sapiens or almost any other omnivoure, or herbivoure will perish and disappear off the face of the earth.without the food producer there will be no primary consumer, secondary consumer and in this case no more tertiary consumers until all species will be extinct. I also think that the main cause of the extinction which will happen sooner or later is mainly cause by the use of CFC praducts, which will expand the hole in the ozone layer and melt more ice which will cover up the entire earth
p.s.sry use wrong user Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

Back to top Go down

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:17 pm

I both agree and don't agree with Wei Kang.It is true thatb plants will extinct if they do not adapt with weather patterns and do not evolve to prevent it.When plants die,we have no oxygen or food. Without food our species or almost any other omnivoure, or herbivore will perish and disappear .Without the food producer there will be no primary consumer, secondary consumer and in this case no more tertiary consumers until all species will be extinct.
However,tne use of CFC products does not expand the hole of the ozone layer but the building of more greenhouses does.
p.s sorry i was agreeing to the one who has used wei kang
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Lim Yu Xuan (34) 17

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Global warming will cause serious effects to mankind. It causes the temperature to rise and ice caps to melt. Floods will hence occur which will result in species to die. When the whole earth is flooded, no species will be able to survive in this world. Global warming has great effect on crops and weather conditions around the world.

Hence, everyone has a role to play to in order to save the earth. Measures have to be taken for instance planting more trees and using environmental friendly products.
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Qinyi (1) 1/7

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:32 pm

I agree with the statement. Global warming is occuring all over the Earth. Our irresponsible action is causing the Earth to cause climate change, leading to Global Warming. Due to global warming, some areas on Earth may not be able to adapt changes, for example: In the North Pole and South Pole, ice and snow starts to melt due to the great change in weather, the melting would then cause and increase in water and it would flood certain areas where its nearby. As for living things, plants may not able to adapt the rise in temperature and plants will start to wither faster then usual.
Therefore, everyone has a part to play to prevent global warming from occuring even further.
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Farisha (11) _ 1/8

Post  unitysec09_18 Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Farisha(11) 1/8 Razz

I agree with the statement that " Global warming is occuring all over the Earth". One of the example is in the Arctic- it plays a major role in regulating global climate. Air and water interactions in the region influence ocean circulation patterns like the reflectivity of polar snow and ice limits the amount of sunlight and heat absorbed by the Earth. But right now, it faces drastic changes. The global build-up of greenhouse gases has the potential to dramatically alter the Arctic environment and its ecosystems. The Arctic is particularly vulnerable to climate change, and indeed in some areas the impacts of changes in climate are already evident. Future climate change is likely to threaten both marine and terrestrial wildlife. From plankton to polar bears, many species could suffer or disappear entirely.

The Arctic's response to climate change serves an important indicator for what may occur in other regions.

Arrow Thus, everyone has to play a part to prevent Global Warming from occuring Like a Star @ heaven

unitysec09_18

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty wenjie(26)

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Reduce pollution by conserving resources. Like buying products made from recycled materials. Recycling helps too.. Very Happy

Last edited by unitysec09_17 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong index number)
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Wen Jie (26)

Post  unitysec09_17 Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:18 pm

unitysec09_17 wrote:I agree with the statement. Global warming is occuring all over the Earth. Our irresponsible action is causing the Earth to cause climate change, leading to Global Warming. Due to global warming, some areas on Earth may not be able to adapt changes, for example: In the North Pole and South Pole, ice and snow starts to melt due to the great change in weather, the melting would then cause and increase in water and it would flood certain areas where its nearby. As for living things, plants may not able to adapt the rise in temperature and plants will start to wither faster then usual.
Therefore, everyone has a part to play to prevent global warming from occuring even further.
I agree with Qin Yi as Global warming is caused by us. for example, in the North Pole and South Pole the ice are melting fast and the sea level is rising...
When we use those insect killing spray, there is actually an invisible chemical that creates a hole in the ozone layer... Harmful rays are able to pass through them to melt the ice. When the ice melts, some animals like the penguins and seals might lose their living habitat... Shocked
unitysec09_17
unitysec09_17

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty gobal warning is the altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species

Post  Unitysec Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Tan Hui Shan (15)
Global warming is the scientific evidence that temperatures of the near surface Earth atmosphere are rising, and that "higher temperatures threaten dangerous consequences and it will causes the ice to melt, heat rises and flooding will occur. therefore it will destroy the habitat and animal will eventually died. The term climate change is used to refer to changes in the Earth's climate and to describe the effects of rising greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere.

Unitysec

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Tan Hui Shan (15)

Post  Unitysec Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:06 pm

gobal warming causes the temperature rises as some of the animals cannot to adapt to this hot climate and will cause the animal move to other places that they can adapt otherwise the animal will die . Those secondary consumer will gradually decrease due to lack of food. we should also conserve the enviroment by reducing waste, and reuse recycle material to prevent the animal from extinct. Razz

Unitysec

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Tan Hui Shan (15)

Post  Unitysec Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:23 pm

An increase in global temperature will cause sea levels to rise and will change the amount and pattern of precipitation, probably including expansion of subtropical deserts.The continuing retreat of glaciers, permafrost and sea ice is expected, with warming being strongest in the Arctic. Other likely effects include increases in the intensity of extreme weather events, species extinctions, and changes in agricultural yieldsge are of concern both for the environment and human life. Very Happy
Changes in temperature and precipitation patterns have also global effects on extreme weather events: They increase the frequency, duration, and intensity of floods, droughts, heat waves, and tornadoes. Other effects of global warming include higher or lower agricultural yields, further glacial retreat, reduced summer stream flows, species extinctions. As further effects of global warming, diseases like malaria are returning into areas where they have been extinguished earlier.

Unitysec

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty sakthi(35)_18

Post  unitysec09_18 Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:23 pm

i have to agree as many animals are being affected by gobal warming.many animals which live in the north pole eg.polarbear,penguin,seals can't live in normal weather as they have adapt to cold weather. as the ice melts in the poles these animals have to look for other place to live. the gobal warmings caused by green house effects lol!

unitysec09_18

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Kelvin.C(25)-Reply :B.

Post  unitysec09_18 Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:29 pm

What are some changes when the climate change?
Well, the most important I suppose is the :
-Air
-Temperature
-Water
-Food Source

Climate change is mainly caused by human. Eg,burning of fossil fuels.burning of fossil fuels release large amount of Carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is one of the factor casing Global Warming. It can also cause the ozone layer to have a hole in it. Neutral

As there's Global Warming, the temperature will start to increase by 1 degree for every few years. If it keeps continuing, the future of the world is going to suffer much more then what we get today. pale

Water will be dried up/evaporated very fast. Plants that respond to changes slowly we get the disadvantage. And they will thus end up dieing. Exclamation

And when the plants are dead, those plants consumer will start to decrease as there's lesser and lesser food source. affraid

How to stop all this things?
Well, we cannot stop as man kinds are trying to improve our lifes. But we can reduce the cost of it. Simply by using environment bags when you are buying groceries. By not using a plastic bag, can make a huge difference!
rendeer

unitysec09_18

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty WeiSong (31)

Post  unitysec09_18 Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:36 pm

WeiSong (31)
Global warming is the increase in the average temperature of the Earth's near-surface air and oceans. As the climate changes, many living organisms may not be able to adapt themselves it, not to say human. Due to the changes in climate, it causes the decreasing in Alaska's coastal ice pack, threatening the survival of polar bears and other species. Climate change is starting to change life on Earth. Animals may be extinct because of climate change.

Things like cutting down of trees or polluting water may just destroy the homes of the animals living there, some countries even cut down trees faster than the young trees can grow to replace those that have been removed. This results in more forest disappearing. If this continues, forests will disappear one day. When that happens, we will no longer have wood to make paper and other things, plants and animals that live in forests will also become extinct.

Animals cannot produce their own food. They get their food by consuming plants or other animals. Green plants provide food and oxygen for the living organisms (animals) so if the population of plants decrease, it will also affect the population of the primary and secondary consumers. Soon, the decreasing of organism will lead to extinction causing other serious problems.

How can we reduce global?
-throw our rubbish in rubbish bins to reduce pollution
-use recycle bags instead of plastic bags
-do not harm organisms, such as animals or plants, which are found naturally in the wild
-trees planting

So in the end, i would like to say that every one of us has a part in reducing the rate of global warming, saving the Earth.

unitysec09_18

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Mr. Cheah

Post  Admin Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:09 pm

[b]Please take note that the deadline for the topic of global warming will be on tonight 12am. Any reply after this will be considered as late submission. There will be a new topic which will be posted on tomorrow. Thank you.

Admin
Admin

https://unity-biodiversity.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Lyyanna(9)_18

Post  unitysec09_18 Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:53 pm

To me, this is really true. When the climate change, it can be either cold or hot, a number of people and animal may not get use to it. As it continues, we will have more effects and consequences to face and we can't stop it. Some of them even worsen the condition of global warming instead of lessen the effects of it.[left]

unitysec09_18

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Chen Zi Kang ( 23 )

Post  unitysec09_18 Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:41 am

Global warming is mostly caused by human being. Global warming can cause in increase or decrease in temperature which can caused some animal to lose their own habitat. Such animal that are affected are Penguin, Polar Bear and more. Gloabal Warming could affect their habitat by making the ice melt which could cause the sea level to rise. When the sea level rises, it could cause flooding in some area of the earth which also could destroy habitats. When the habitat are gone, animals do not have proper place to live in thus they slowly become extinct.

Global warming are affected by deforestation, output of harmful gases by factories and more.LIke many had said , some countries even cut down trees faster than the young trees can grow to replace those that have been removed. This results in more forest disappearing. If this continues, forests will disappear one day. When that happens, we will no longer have wood to make paper and other things, plants and animals that live in forests will also become extinct.

unitysec09_18

Back to top Go down

Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species - Page 2 Empty Re: Global warming is altering the distribution and abundance of plant and animal species

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next